2.02.2009

WotD #1 - Unreconstructed

I'm not sure where this idea came from. It's probably a by-product of staying up late and being a bit burnt out at the same time.

I had this idea to, from time to time, do a "Word of the Day" blog. By itself though, I didn't think that idea was good enough. So, I decided to look up the word of the day, which in this case the word was unreconstructed, and then search on Google Images for a picture that was on the first page of results. From there, I would just write about whatever it was that came to my mind when I saw the picture. I guess we're going to see how this turns out.

As a brief note, before I get started, I will add that this word is for February 3rd, although by the time I finish this post, it could very well still be February 2nd still. Don't blame me for the Merriam Webster website being in Eastern or Central time. Now that that's out of the way, let's proceed...

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this picture is how much I would actually like to go there. For those who are unfamiliar, this is a picture of Machu Picchu. I wouldn't want to go there while there are a number of people walking around though. This is one of those places I'd like to explore by myself. Of course, if I was able to get together a huge group of people to play paintball there, then I think I would be ok with that. Wouldn't that be awesome?!? Just look at that picture and try to tell me that playing paintball there wouldn't be the greatest.

The last thing I thought about was how long those stones have been sitting there. Now, I'm no expert by any means, but I do know it has been a very long time. Guess it makes you kind of have to admire the people who built things like that back then. They sure knew how to make things last. If you want another example, just look at the Pyramids of Giza or the Sphinx.

That does it for now. I'll get better at this, but I just had to put this out there to see how things went the first time. Like I said, this won't be a daily or weekly thing. It will come randomly, so be on the lookout.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I can't believe you would want to deface such a beautiful piece of history by playing paintball on it. What kind of hooligan are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fair question. I guess I'd have to say I'm the kind of hooligan that appreciates history by making constructive use out of it. Just a shot in the dark on that one though.

    ReplyDelete