2.01.2009

The Super Bowl


Ok, so let's be honest. When all of us heard that the Arizona Cardinals would be playing the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl, we all thought, "Ya know, this is shaping up to be one of those 'Giants vs Ravens' Super Bowls". If you're not familiar, that might've been the most unexciting event that was watched by tens of millions of people.

Fortunately, this was one of those fantastic times where the performance surpasses the billing. I expected the Steelers to win, but, I'm going to be honest, I had no idea that it would be decided by one of the greatest Super Bowl catches that I have ever seen! Santonio Holmes needed every centimeter of his shoes to make that catch, along with body control that a ballerina would be jealous of.

To sum things up, I was very satisfied with this game. How could you NOT be? Unless you're a Cardinals fan I suppose.

Honorary mention goes to Larry Fitzgerald. That man made the second best catch of the game, which would've won top prize in 97% of other games. He had two touchdowns, and during the second, ran by the secondary as if they were running through Jell-o. That guy knows how to play football.

Congrats Pittsburgh Steelers. I may not like you that much, but you earned it. Final Score: Steelers 27, Cardinals 23.

2 comments: